Deadline: 31st December 2022
The Aerosol Society presents the Carers’ Award funding to support members of The Aerosol Society that might not otherwise be able to attend a research event or conference due to their personal responsibilities. The Carers’ Award is a bursary to financially assist with attending an aerosol science event including virtual meetings, conferences, workshops or professional development activities.
The aim of this support is to give our members the opportunity to attend an aerosol research event, providing an opportunity to network with the research community and advance their careers. The bursary can be used to cover justified costs including, but not limited, to:
- extended hours for a child-minder or care worker
- babysitter costs
- travel expenses for friends or relatives to care for your dependants
- after school activities, clubs or play-schemes
- medical, nursing or respite care
- extra help paying for on-site day care
Eligible applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a member of The Aerosol Society at the date of application and event.
- You must be able to detail that you will clearly benefit from any awarded funds in order to attend your chosen event.
Terms and conditions
- Within 1 month of the event, we require you to submit a short report to [email protected] detailing the event, your participation and how it has benefitted you and your research with at least one photograph of yourself at the event. This will then be included in an edition of our monthly e-newsletter, posted on our website and also used for social media purposes. You will not have to make specific reference to the Carers Award; it is sufficient to refer to support from the Aerosol Society.
- If presenting research, we also require you to include the general Aerosol Society logo on your poster presentation at this event (this will be emailed to you upon acceptance).
Supporting information required
When submitting an application, we require the following supporting information:
- Why does this research event fall within the remit of The Aerosol Society?
- How will you benefit from attending the event?
- Career stage (master student/doctoral student/postdoctoral researcher/part-time academic/permanent academic /unemployed)
- Description of your role as caregiver accompanied by a suitable justification of the level of funding you require and how it will facilitate your attendance at the event.
- Will you be presenting at the event? If so, please provide the accepted abstract and state your exact contribution to the work.